Print the recipe.
1/4 cups sugar
1/2 stick (4 tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted
1 medium banana (3-4oz), overripe, mashed
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
muffin tin, paper or foil liners
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
2. In a bowl, combine the sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, mashed banana and egg; mix thoroughly.
3. In another bowl, whisk flour with baking soda and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is evenly moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely.
Nutritional info: 8 servings (1 muffin)
* Calories: 220
* Fat: 11g Carbs: 29g (fiber: 1g) Protein: 3g