1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Beat egg slightly. Roll out pastry. Cut it in half. Brush one half of pastry with egg then sprinkle with cheese.
Place another half of pastry on top and seal it with rolling pan. But do not press too tight. Brush again with egg then sprinkle with cheese, pepper and salt on top. Roll with rolling pan to press the cheese into pastry.
3. Cut pastry sheet into 1/2" strips, width-ways. Twist each piece and place on baking tray covered with parchment paper.
4. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is browned and puffed. Transfer to wire racks and cool.
Nutritional info per 1 pastry: makes 12 servings
* Calories: 98
* Fat: 6.5 Carbs: 7g (fiber: 0g) Protein: 1g