Print the recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp salted butter, chilled (OR 4 tbsp unsalted butter & 1/4 tsp salt)
3/4 cup (2 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup Kefir, chilled (OR buttermilk)
food processor (or pastry blender)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using). Put it in a food processor (or pastry blender) together with butter, pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the cheese; toss to coat. Stir in the buttermilk just until the dough comes together. Do not over-knead!
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and pat (or roll very easy, do not push on) it into a 1/2 -inch thickness. Dip a biscuit cutter in flour and cut out 8-12 biscuits.
4. Transfer the biscuits to a baking sheet covered with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not open the oven during baking!
Nutritional info: 8-12 biscuits
* Calories: 142
* Fat: 6g Carbs: 18g (fiber: 1g) Protein: 4g